Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Nexercise / Earndit

Okay, so I am loving the Mama Laughlin's Fit Camp group on Facebook that I joined a few weeks ago. A gal there shared a new app for Android and Apple that she had discovered which actually rewards you for working out, called Nexercise; I figured I couldn't wait to get my hands on this! Of course, as one comment after another led down from the post, another website, Earndit, was listed that rewarded you for your workouts and it connected to your Fitbit, so of course, I signed up there too {even though I don't have my Fitbit yet}. Feeling very motivated after spending nearly an hour on Mama Laughlin's Fit Camp last night in bed I got up this morning and went for a brisk walk while running the Nexercise app; at the end I got to see several things:
I was excited, as you can see, just by doing my walk {that I was already going to be doing anyways} I earned 226 points, and then there were other points I earned today for logging in, adding friends, etc. It shows my my average speed and the distance I went and the steps I took. The only thing it didn't track that I wish it did, was a calories burnt estimate {though there are plenty of ways to look that up on the side if you have but 60 seconds}.

All in all, I am very pleased and am looking to add as many friends as I can who are willing to encourage a little friendly competition.

No comments:

Post a Comment