Tuesday, August 28, 2012

2 Weeks Notice

Putting in your two weeks notice is one of the hardest things ever. I have only ever had to do it once before tonight and I put my two weeks notice in a month before I was scheduled to be done for the summer {so it didn't quite have the same sting}. Tonight however was a different story, I had to put in a two weeks notice for a job that I enjoyed but that just was not working out {for multiple reasons}. I then thought it might be a good post to share the words I used for anyone les who may have the same need. This template will not work for everyone and should be customized for each individual, but it worked well for this instance in which I was quitting a part time job for a full time position at my other part time job.

Dear (supervisor),

I am writing to notify you that I am providing my two weeks notice and will be resigning from my position, effective (month day, year).

This was not an easy decision to make. I love what I do and I love all of you, however, after much consideration I have accepted a new full time position with (new employer). I would be glad to provide whatever support I can during my remaining time.

I wish you and all my coworkers success in the future and I thank you for all the support you have provided for me.

Sincerely,

No comments:

Post a Comment